Pages

Friday, December 7, 2012

 
Last night I went to the grocery store by myself. Isabella was devastated and wrapped around my leg screaming...this is a new phase, usually she's pretty happy to get away from me.
 
But I went, and it was glorious.
 
While I was there I picked up the three ingredients I needed to make my own laundry detergent, I got my recipe here  and I found that recipe on Pinterest. Of course.
 
I'm addicted to Pinterest.
 
I find it very...pinteresting.
 
I'm pinterested in many things.
 
Yuk Yuk Yuk.
 
Sorry, I'll stop.
 
 


When I got home and declared to my husband that I shall make my own detergent and it shall cost pennies. He gave me his skeptical-math-professor-I'm-calculating-the-odds-in-my-head face.
 
I hate that face. I'm usually proven wrong pretty swiftly after I see that face.
 
I was never a math girl. I doodled on my tests.






So anyway, I came home and I declared: "tomorrow I shall make my own laundry detergent for mere pennies thus saving this family money with my keen sense of thrift!"
 
 
 
The Face
 


We began making laundry detergent at 10:30 at night.
 
That's him up there grating soap. Actually it's his hand, but he's attached to it.
 We made 2 gallons of laundry detergent, used about 1/8'th of our ingredients and my math professor calculated that 2 gallons of home made laundry detergent cost us 1.50 per gallon.
 
Sure, but does it wash well? He says.
 
 
Always gotta be doubtin' me, man!
 
 
We did a load of Isabella's dirtiest school jeans at 11:00 at night.

 

 
Smug Face.*
 
I will be making a batch of this domestic gold once a month.
 
*This detergent has been Skeptical-Statistician-Husband Approved.


0 comments:

Post a Comment