Pages

Thursday, November 14, 2013

One month

One month.
One busy, eventful month.
That's how long it's been since my last post. Every day is eventful when you have twins. But this past month has been a doozy!
 Since my last post, my dynamic duo has turned 5 months old. Wow! Five months! That's almost half a year. How did this happen?!
 We have undergone several doctors visits and invasive tests for Beckett, traveled to Nashville to take him to Vanderbilt for a cat scan and possible surgery, only to receive the blessed news that his condition (strangling, choking, persistent vomiting) would improve with time and proper medication.
Talk about stress! And RELIEF!

Also this month, I have entered the world of homeschooling! Yes, HOMESCHOOLING!
I'm thrilled beyond measure to be able to homeschool my 1st grader. 
If someone had told me 6 years ago, that one day I would be home with 3 children, driving a mini-van, homeschooling and LOVING all of it...I would have laughed in their face. 
I was just so sure I was destined for bigger things than that.


Oh, but now I'm seeing so clearly, that there is nothing bigger I could possibly be doing.
Being home with my babies, homeschooling my oldest...these are the biggest blessings in my life. I am so grateful for my hard working husband. He is really a solid rock for this family, supportive and patient even when things get hairy...which they are a lot of the time. Hairy, that is. 

Since beginning this homeschool gig, I'm perpetually exhausted. Mentally. It is a HUGE commitment. I'm constantly worrying that I'm not challenging her enough, that I could be doing something better...I hemmed and hawed over curriculum, choosing what I felt was the best possible fit for my imaginative little girl. I painstakingly fill out my lesson plan every night, and so far we have conquered everything each day, but more than just cramming information into her little brain, I want to foster her imagination, nurture her spirit, teach her important life skills, allow her to figure out what it is that makes her...her. 
Pulling her out of public school in the middle of the year was a tough decision, and one that I did not take lightly...I did this knowing that although my husband had given me his blessing, he did not approve of the timing, which made it 100 times harder, but it was right. It was time.  

The transition has been tough, but smooth. My house? Messy. My kitchen table? Cluttered. ALWAYS cluttered. Our schedule? Crammed. Isabella? Happy as a clam. Has not even asked once to go back to public school, she loves it! 

Hallelujah.

Library day, and Isabella pretending to be a newspaper reporter. :)
I apologize for the small size of these pictures..they're from my iphone, somehow toting around my bulky Nikon just isn't conducive to my diaper bag...




0 comments:

Post a Comment