Pages

Thursday, August 9, 2012

My little baby chick starts kindergarten next week. It's weird for me to even comprehend, I feel like our golden years have flown by all too quickly. It hit me the other evening, from now on it's over...my baby is a school-child, no longer will I have her home every day to snuggle at will. Next thing I know, I will be packing her up for college.

I'm being a little melodramatic.

But I am sad that these years have passed by so quickly, however I'm deeply grateful that I was lucky enough to be home with her (for the most part) throughout them all.  I cannot imagine anything more heartbreaking than missing a milestone. Children really are such messy, annoying little things sometimes...but oh man, every little thing they do can be so amazing! And at the end of the day, nothing is sweeter than those little cheeks when they are deep in sleep.

Speaking of chicks...

My mom (Lovie) got some chicks for her farm. Each grandchild got to have a chicken of their own and Isabella's chicken (Princess John-Boy) laid an egg the other day! Bella just loves going to Lovie's house to gather eggs and feed the chickens.

Isabella inspecting Princess John-Boy

Princess John-Boy about 7 months ago

We think it is just too neat that those little balls of fluff that Lovie has to diligently nurtured, have turned into big ole ugly peck-happy birds!

Eggs!

Good job Lovie!!!

2 comments:

  1. Oh she is so cute inall these pictures! Isabella looks good too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was 6 yrs. old when we moved to a farm with chickens. I loved to go to the coop and "pick" the eggs.

    These are great pics and Bella is adorable. I especially love the last one with her basket of picked eggs. :)

    ReplyDelete