Pages

Monday, August 20, 2012


First day of Kindergarten was a success! Isabella just adores her teacher, and on her first day, my silly little girl marched right in, sat right down and made herself a friend. I annoyed her by taking too many pictures, and getting just one more smooch...I was cramping her style, man! When I went to pick her up later that afternoon, she was deeply enthralled in her reading circle and had a LOT to tell me about her first day.

I have never been more proud.

 Pretty proud of myself, too actually. I didn't even cry! Instead, I came home, wrung my hands for a bit, bugged David for a baby to fill my empty nest, changed my mind about a baby, and decided to craft instead.




My heart! It hurts! When did my dimpled red-haired baby turn into a gangly school-kid?!

Been busy sewing all weekend and getting myself into the autumn mood (it's never too early to feel fall-ish)
I recently put some of these hand-made pumpkins in my Etsy Shop and had quite a few orders to fill, so I lit some spicy candles, perused all of my autmn printed fabrics and wallowed around in my craft room.

It was spectacular.

But now my fingers are sore.   

The weather has been decidedly autumnal, which is weird because August is usually the most miserable month of the year in my opinion. I've been flipping through my cookbooks and my recipe files...book-marking and dog-earing all of my favorite Autumn meals! This week I'm definitely putting a pot of homemade chili and an apple crisp on the menu. I don't care how hot it decides to be outside that day. We're having that chili dag-nabbit!

Oh, but I do love me some fall.


2 comments:

  1. Oh she is so cute! She will be the appple of her teacher's eye.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is a doll!....Oh my and there's no telling how much you'll turn out while she's away!!! Loving those pumpkins!!! Shine

    ReplyDelete